Sunday, February 27, 2011

sucker for sentiments

Dear blankie,

You've been my steady companion for more than ten years. You've been there when there were tears, exhilaration, joy and regrets. Happy times, sad times, you were always there with your soothing presence. Through dreams and nightmares, you're always there, my rock that keeps me rooted to reality. You've done a terrific job keeping me warm during cold nights, being a perfect snuggle buddy when I needed something to snuggle with and for just being there night after night.

It's never easy saying goodbye. I just want you to know that if it were up to me, I'd never throw you away or replace you with some other blankie. Worn out or stitches undone, I wish there was a way to keep some part of you with me. No one will ever take your place. You're that irreplaceable. I guess at this point, I just wanna say a thank you.

From the kid you've been sheltering since 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home