Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Feeling a tad Wicked

Just blown away.

First musical, not counting hsm (what a joke lol) and Phantom of the Opera which I watched on ch5. But wow really. First live Broadway musical hit: Wicked. MBS was a bit overwhelming, first visit and all. Reached there on the dot after a period of very brisk walking through MBS to reach the theaters section which was at one end. Was half afraid I'll get locked out till intermission but phew. Cat 5 $125 worth don't play play.

Inside... A bit glamour, but a lil disappointing leh. Instead of having boxes, like what I read about and imagined... There were instead, balcony corners with comfy looking couches. Like a(n) anti-climatic.

Anywayyy. Wicked was awesome if I haven't surmise. Not gonna be a spoiler and spoil it for the rest but really worth watching. The sets were awesome stuffs; backdrops, props, costumes; and artists all awesome shit. The story about Elphaba the wicked witch of the west (and misunderstood) and Glenda the good (but shallow). Lines were cheeky, and hilarious delivered with a good ol' dose of sarcasm and puns. But the acoustics echo effects of the hall wasn't fantastical and some notes bounced off my ear drums which I couldn't decipher.

What an experience.

I wanna indulge my newly found musical soul! Sydney Opera house, Broadway, New York, London, oh so many places!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home