Monday, December 26, 2011

Dear Me (five years in the future)

Blogging today in post-xmas; it's not something new to me, the feeling that something is amiss, or the festive seasons themselves getting more stale. I'm not sure which. Or whether it's part of growing up and growing old. Almost everything seems to fall back on a routine, a pattern if you may. Patterns and routines are good, familiar. I don't know when it happened but it did.

Every year, I can't help but feel something is ... missing, lack of better word. It's not lacking but missing, you know. Maybe it's the result of too many Hollywood influences; too many drama series and movies with their happy endings and perfect white christmas. Not forgetting the gazillion fiction books that I frequently indulge in. It's not that I'm not happy, it's that I just feel somewhat detached, apart, separate from the crowd.

I want a xmas or cold wintry day spent by the fireplace, fire blazing woods burning exuding warmth. Making snow angels in the white (duh) pristine snow, drinking hot cocoa, having someone preferably The One to cuddle with and maybe a Lab Retriever lying down on my feet (if at that time I feel like responsibility).

Dear me in the future, would you look back upon this moment, and smile in secret bliss or sigh in regret? Or worse, become cynical and jaded no longer believing in happy endings?



Light up light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you, dear.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home