Thursday, July 14, 2011

Of blue skies and grey clouds



The rabbit is supposed to move!! Doze off actually. Literally doze off. It reminds me too much of well, me and too cute not to share!

It's amazing how I can get ready when I'm in a jiffy, especially when I woke up late, like half an hour later than usual and still manage to get out of the house ten minutes before usual. The thing was, I woke up at 0730 to pee then went back to sleep. Alarm was all set to ring at 0740, ten precious minutes so it was no contest. Happily back to sleep I went. I woke at up 0740, offed my alarm thinking I'll shut my eyes for a while more before dragging myself out, and snuggled in. The next thing I knew, mom came in at 0820 and was like, omg why are you still sleeping? Even half awake I was a smartass, I asked what time it was. She told me and I couldn't believe, so I verified for myself. Opening one dreary eye, and immediately alarms rang in my head, ohshitohshitohshit. I know right, too pro for words.

Subconsciously, I might have been leaning towards not waking up at all. Waking up at 0730 for eleven days (is it only 11?!) in a row, get bugged by brother at night, the whole sleep deprivation thing plus error-spotting work makes wanting a dull girl.



On the way back, witnessed a rather sad incident unfolding. I'm pretty sure it's not the first occurence nor would it be the last. It's just so sad. A woman in her elderly years, in her somewhat fifties or sixties, she was searching through the rubbish can for recyclables at the bugis station bus stop. A guy walks past wanting to throw in his redbull can and the woman got it from him instead. She shook out the remnants and tucked the precious can into her bundle, already filled rather packed-ly. She had two of those. Afterwards, she continued to ransack the bin for more. I couldn't bear to watch the entire process. But when she found what she wanted, she wiped her hands clean on her towel thrown over her shoulder, and with a satisfied grin, picked up her heavy bundles and left. It's just so heartwrenching. The only thing I could think of as I watch the entire process unfold was, charity begins at home. I was rather ashamed of myself, to be just another onlooker. Watching instead of taking action. This was one of those times when it just takes one person to do the right thing, and others would follow in lead. There's just so many things wrong that I don't know where to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home