Thursday, October 4, 2012

When I grow up...

Dear diary,

When i was a girl... When Westlife was still in biz, they crooned about dreams coming true (cue the song). As time past by, as I grew up, things weren't that simple. Everybody said if you work at it, dreams do come true. I for one, would love to find out who exactly those people are.

Then again, there are those who said dreams are the opposite of reality. Hello? Pessimistic much? I subscribe to the 'the glass is never (half-)empty' school of thought. Because really, air takes up the remainder of it. Duh.

Since we're (or rather) I'm on the topic of dreams, I can't really recall the last time I had one or that the last time I remember my dream. (It's not logical to assume that one doesn't dream simply because one cannot recall his dreams.). Anyway, dreaming seems such a luxurious and lavish activity to be engaged in while life passes you by, time and tide flowing and ebbing.

I'm not really good with this philosophical stuffs although I am taking this intriguing module called Logic and Paradoxes this semester. University years have given me endless opportunities to find myself, to grow up, to be more than I was. It goes without saying that one has to take the good with the bad (the happy and the sad) which includes the seemingly endless mugging every undergrad has to endure... thinking when will it ever end..?

And now that the end is really near and almost within this intangible yet touchable distance, I have no fucking clue what I want to be when I grow up. Or at this point, I'm already theoretically at that point since one never stops growing or ageing. The cusp in time where suddenly one becomes an adult. Think The Sims. Financially independent and all that. Yet all I could think about recently was the opportunities I kinda wasted during summer breaks. Work&travel, instep, relief teaching and the list of regrets goes on... As I've recently told a friend, uni years are like golden years. After that once you enter the working world, everything is just so mundane and monotone. Shades of grey. Of course, it's up to oneself to define the colors or happiness and whatsoever, but to do so within the restrictions and constraints, the responsibilities and roles midst social dictations takes a lot of skills. Having said all that, I feel uni years are like the last few years that everyone ought to cherish. Having to mug is the necessary evil in this case.

Come on baby, let the good times roll.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home