Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dear You's

I was doing the usual routine - just going up the line, catching up on the daily scoops of peeps I know and linked - I started from the bottom.

A serious sidenote: if I were to link only peeps who's lives they blogged about, and I read about there would undoubtedly be less than 10 of them.

And yes, I am that bored to the extent I do the same routine everytime I switched the PC on. Anyway, I was at Amanda's, and I caught up with a LJ site that she's a fan of. And really, I found myself hooked like she said. It's a LJ account where randomies blog using the pretext of a letter, but it's fascinating to simply read about what they wrote. Some wrote to their boyfriends, themselves, friends, family, God, simple random things even. I suppose being anonymous allows you that uncharacteristic freedom that sets even your deepest darkest secret free. To have that ultimate freedom, priceless. Then again, you wonder about how advanced technology has become, perhaps tracking the writer down is a feat alike to abc?

Sure there were people just bitching about some one else, but really, sometimes you surprise yourself with how some are simply thankful of today, being alive as it is.

Anyway, due to the time I've had, I imagined mine would pretty much sound like this:

Dear Weather,

Please make up your mind and stop being so hot and cold the whole day will ya? I've never knew anyone as fickle as you. Sometimes, I think you need to grow up more than I do.

PS You do a better impression that Katy Perry. And no, it's not a compliment.

Well wishes,
Me

Dear Time,

Why do I have so much of you, when I don't need you? And when I do, you're scarce. I really don't have a clue how to deal with you.

With love, (and lots of you)
Me

Dear Procrastination AKA Sloth (one of the 7 Evils),

Would you please get the hell away from me? I swear I've had enough of your existence in my life for 18 years and counting. Are you and Time ganging up on me? Seriously.

So what if you've won the battle for now? I'm just getting warmed up. For old times' sake, a don't-say-I-didn't-warn-you tip; my backup plan involves a certain exorcism that will banish you from my life forever and ever. In fact, I'm looking forward to hooking up with Order.

May Goodness be with you, and the force be with me.

With determination and no love,
Me

Dear Flu bug,

How have you been? You know I've been fine until you came along in case you're wondering. In fact I was doing good. Just as I finally decided and determined to work, my virgin job in fact, you decide to come springing on me? Are you kidding me?! I really don't appreciate you here in my life, at this point. So do what you have to. GO AWAY. Please?

With resentment and hope,
Me

Dear Job-to-be,

I'm really glad that so far, things are still looking good between the two of us despite FB. Although, I've never met you, I have a feeling we're be good together. Beats me and P anyway. I've already planned out to an intrinsic detail how things would go and such. And hopefully, things will go smooth on our first date on Thursday and thereafter.

Yours sincerely, (and crossing my fingers and toes)
Me

Hahahaha how's that for starters? Pretty good, aye?

Oh, one last one.

Dear NUS,

Why haven't I heard from you? I know you know that I haven't been exactly what I'm supposed to be, and that I fall short of your expectations, but can you please give me something, anything? I'm over my no-news-is-good-news and live-today-for-today-and-tomorrow-for-tomorrow phases.

With patience and utmost sincerity,
Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home